My students spent a couple of weeks researching a global cause and creating a presentation using a web application called glogster. It was spectacular. The brackets are my notes.
Today I learned:
- 250,000 polar bears die each year [which means they go extinct ten times per year]
- Because global warming is killing all the polar bears, we can save them by helping them cool off
- polar bears are a spices of bear
- If there are too many landfills we will all suffocate and die
- “There are 925 Million Under MOurished People In The World That DEal WIth World Hunger!!!!!” [as opposed to other malnourished people who don’t deal with hunger?]
- We celebrated [Thanksgiving] all that we are thankful for by gorgng ourselves right into a food coma. It’s the traditional way. [Wait. Actually, that’s true]
- When trees are cut it increases the water quantity.
- “what are landfills gases? landfills gases is when people throw trash away more than a car weight.”
- Life began on the planet about 3,500 years ago
- Lions are endangered because of hunting. We should catch all the tigers left and put them in zoos. Or we can put up “No Hunting” signs.